To latest comment

Child benefit and parental benefit

Hi , me and my wife have been receiving our child benefit for the past few months. My residence permit expired on 09th April. And now we have a new card. How do I keep getting my child benefit and parental benefit for my wife.
Sriram Prabhakara Rao Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! You can report the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) by sending the decision of the new extension for the residence permit.

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer
  • Hi,
    I came to Stockholm with my wife and our two children for my study beginning from HT 2018. We had our personnummer since then.
    Starting from April 1st 2020, I was employed by a company in Stockholm and already had my residence permit to work in Sweden granted by Migrationsverket. My family is still staying in Stockholm with me. How can I apply for barnbidrag? Also, am I entitled for other benefits?
    Winner Ng
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! You need to send application for registration (5456) if you haven't sent it yet. After the registraiton is done Försäkringskassan contacts you regarding your child allowance (Barnbidrag). In addition, you can also read more information on other possible benefit like parental benefit here.  If you have specific questions we advice you to contact our customer center by calling to 0771 524 524. 

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 3.00 pm

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.