To latest comment

How come I do not get the child allowance?

Child allowance (original headline)
I hot a letter that sin I am student I won’t get child allowance. I am actually phd student which considered as empl in Sweden and I have contract and get income. So how come I won’t get this allowance?


  • Hello Salim,
    thank you for your post.
    Since this is a public forum, The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) has limited abilities to answer questions related to individual cases. We therefore advice you to contact our customer center at this number:
    0771 524 524 (for English press #8).
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer
  • I do not think it is a private question. I also got such a letter despite I am paid PHD student while my other colleagues are receiving child allowance. I called many times and I get repeated answers" you are a student and do not get the resident-based benefit".
    So why in this forum it was written that Ph.D. who have income and not scholarship are entitled to child allowance?
  • Hello,

    We can only answer here on general questions. Your question is regarding your individual case so it's impossible for us to give you an answer.

    You can send in the registration form 5456 to Försäkringskassan and let a case officer decide accordingly to your individual situation if you are entitled to benefits based on work or residence in Sweden. Child allowance is residence-based benefit.

    You can find more information ​here.​​​

    If you need more information in your situation call Custoer Center on 0771 524 524, press "8" for English.

    Our opening hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

    Best Regards,
    Hazan Administrative officer
The post is closed to further comments.