Child allowance procedures

Me and my family Just moved from Portugal to Sweden in july. I have applied for my coordination number(already granted) and start to work. As a EU citizens can my children have Child allowances in Sweden? .
What are the procedures.
Best Regards

Miguel Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your questions!

    If you move to Sweden together with children under the age of 16, Försäkringskassan contacts you once you are registered in the Swedish Population Register. We do this to investigate whether you and your children should be insured here and thereby eligible for child allowance.

    If you move to Sweden but do not become registered in the Population Register, you provide information to Försäkringskassan that we used to investigate whether you should be insured in Sweden. If you are insured here, you may be entitled to compensation from Försäkringskassan.

    In order to be registered at Försäkringskassan you should fill out and send form 5456, you can find the form here.

    You can find more information here.

    Best regards,
    Hazan Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.