To latest comment

Certificate of pregnancy in another language


I am employed by a Swedish company but working remotely from Spain. I am 21 weeks pregnant and would like to apply for maternal leave in Sweden. I know I have to send a pregnancy certificate (intyg om graviditet) to Försäkringskassan and I just got one from my doctor, however the certificate is in Spanish. I have contacted a certified translator in Spain in order to get it officially translated to Swedish, but I just wanted to confirm that a translation from a Spanish certified translator would be OK in order to register for maternal leave.

Thanks for any help!
Best regards,


  • Hello;

    You do not need to translate the certificate. If send the certificate in Spanish to us, we will translate it in-house.

    Please be aware that you need to be socially insured in Sweden to have the right to parental benefit from Försäkringskassan. You are normally socially insured in Sweden if you work or live here, but if you are send to another country by a Swedish employer you can in some cases be insured. If you are not sure about your situation, please call us on 0771-524 524 (choice '8' for English) so we can check in the system.

    Best regards;

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.