To latest comment

Certificate of de-registration from the United Kingdom

Hi, I have moved from UK and have now my ID card. I am not working at the moment. I want to register for the social insurance to ensure I will be covered for any benefits if needed in future (why wait?) In the form I am being asked to provide certificate confirm that I am/ I am not covered by National Insurance in UK. I have contacted the UK HMRC for it but I have been advised that an office here - They assume it's you the forsakringskassan to complete form SEDS040 and request form SED S041. I have also asked for statement of my last contributions in UK before I left.
Do I attached the confirmation of my last contributions and you ask for the other forms? is this enough? there is no other certificates confirmining whether I am covered in UK or not.
I am not the first UK national arriving here so there must be the way.
Please help.


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.
    HMRC generally provides that certificate upon individual request. However, if you were advised that Försäkringskassan needs to contact them, we can also do that. Please write down the information that you got from HMRC on the form 5456, “Point 10. Other Information”. 
    The certificate we need should contain information about when your social insurance coverage in UK has ended.
    So, if the documents you have include this information, you can send them together with your application for registration. If we need further information, we contact you.

    Best regards,
    Özge Administrative officer
  • Hi Agi,

    I've come across this thread as I'm now in the same boat as you were a year ago. Were you able to resolve this by getting Försakringskassan to request SED S041 by way of sending an SED S040 themselves?

    I sent in 5456 ages ago, last October, but have been asked by them to confirm that I'm no longer covered in the UK so that i can get an EHIC card here.


  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post.

    We recommend that you call our Customer Service 0771 524 524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line, in order for you to be able to know the status of your case.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best Regards,
    Helen Administrative officer
The post is closed to further comments.