To latest comment

From what country do I receive the A1 certificate?

From which country can I apply for A1 certificate (Original title)

Hej! This januari I will start a job where I will be partly being paid by a Dutch institution and partly by a Swedish institution. Basically I will have two part-time jobs. I will start my job in the Netherlands, but over time I will probably move to Sweden. I want to make sure that I don't have to pay taxes over my entire income in both The Netherlands and Sweden. The Dutch institution I work for says I need a certificate of coverage (in Dutch: A1 certificate) from both the Netherlands and Sweden. And I've been told I have to go to the försäkringskassan to get such a certificate from Sweden. Is it possible to get such a certificate before I start working in januari? And how do I arrange that? Thank you in advance!


  • If you live in Sweden and work in at least two different EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, you must report this to Försäkringskassan. We will then assess whether you fulfill the conditions to remain insured in Sweden. If you do, we will send you a certificate indicating that you are insured in Sweden and must pay social security fees here (Sweden). The certificate you receive is called the A1 certificate. You can apply for the A1 certificate by sending the form: 6220 (Request for A1/E101 certificate or convention certificate) to us. You should also send 5456 form (information to obtain social insurance cover) together with the form 6220.

    If you live in another EU/EES country or Switzerland and work in at least two different EU/EES countries, or if you are placed in Sweden by an employer from another EU/EES country or Switzerland, you are normally insured in the country in which you are employed. From that country, you or your employer must apply for certificate A1. The certificate indicates in which country you are insured and in which country you and your employer must pay social security fees.

    Please remember that the Swedish Social Insurance Agency has limited abilities to answer questions relating to individual cases on this forum. We therefore ask you to contact our customer center at the telephone number 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line

    our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    For more information please visit our webpage

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.