To latest comment

Care of children during school holidays.

I have stayed home for a few days during this school holidays to care for my children.
They were not sick so VAB does not appear to apply, but they couldn't attend care.

I have been told that there is a benefit called "Childcare over 1,5 years”, and that I need to ask Försäkringskassan if I have access to that benefit, but I cannot find the information at

Can I claim any benefit for those days?


  • Hi Joel!

    There is no benefit called “Childcare over 1,5 years” at Försäkringskassan. However, there is a benefit called Parental benefit (Föräldrapenning). Parental benefit is money you receive to be able to be at home with your child instead of working, seeking work or studying.

    You can find more information about Parental benefit here.

    Best regards


Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.