Cancelling a case for VAB!


I was trying to apply for Parental benefit and I couldn't find English application and I know just little Swedish so I got confused between VAB and föräldrapenning so I made the two requests then I realized the difference and I just need to cancel or delete my request for VAB days but I can't find how to do that on the website and I tried to call but the answer message is all Swedish so I failed to resume the call!

So would you please help me or advise how to cancel my VAB case?

Thanks a lot
Mayada Osman Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    If you just did the registration of VAB or Parental benefit (anmälan) then there is nothing to worry about. The problem arises when you applied wrongly and send us application (ansökan). When you just send us „anmälan” without „ansökan” it is still not enough to get your money paid, so simply disregard that. You do not need to cancel wrongly created „anmälan”.

    However, when you have already wrongly applied for VAB (ansökan) then you need to cancel it. In order to do so, please contact our Customer Centre for private individuals on the telephone number 0771 524 524 (press 8 for English).

    Best regards,
    Aleksandra Administrator
  • How can i cancel my parent benefit  application  in Föraldrapenning
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) has limited abilities to answer questions related to individual cases since this is a public forum. We therefore request you to contact our customer center to get answer to your questions by calling telephone number:
    0771 524 524 (for english press 8).

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00 am — 3.00 pm

    Best regards,

    Gobdine Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.