To latest comment

Can I get Parental Leave if baby has not applied for residence permit?


I have received a mail that I am not entitled to barnbidrag because I have not applied for residence permit for my baby. To apply for residence permit, I need to obtain passport from my country of citizenship. Unfortunately it will take another 12 weeks before I will receive the passport. I am not worried about receiving barnbidrag. What I want to know is if I can apply for parental leave and receive salary before my baby has applied for residence permit?


  • Hello Sahil!

    Thank you for your question! In order to qualify for the parental benefit you must have applied the residence permit for the child in the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket).

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.