To latest comment
This entry is old and may contain information that is not up-to-date.

Can I fill in form 5456 online with bank ID?

I have moved to Gothenburg last month and I now have my Personal ID card and Bank ID.
I require a proof of health insurance document in order to cancel my current health insurance in germany.
I spoke with customer service and they told me to fill in form 5456 and I was told that I could do this online using bank ID...
I don't seem to be able to find the online version of the 5456 form? is it really possible to complete this form online with Bank ID?

Kind regards


  • Hello!

    Yes, you can send the form (5456) online. You should log into Mina Sidor (My pages) with your BankID or Mobilt BankID. Then, you should follow this instruction: click on all e-services (alla e-tjänster) > others (övrigt) > lämna uppgifter för utredning av Försäkringstillhörighet.
    If you cannot find it please call our customer services at the telephone number 0771 524524.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:
    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm.

    For more information please visit our webpage

    Best regards,
  • hej,

    I would like to question regarding my status in forsakringskassa, since i am a Swedish citizen. So do i need to register my self or i am already registered in forsakringskassa. i was trying to fill 5456 form but the information required in the form are more of like non-citizen people such as it asks about moving to Sweden for work or study.

    Do i still need to attached employment contract ??
    Do i need to register separately in case of dental insurance too??

    with regards,
  • Hello,

    You are not automatically registered at Försäkringskassan. In order to be registered at Försäkringskassan you should fill out and send form 5456, the form is intended for all regardless of nationality. Along with the form you should send the additional documents that we may require, listed on the last page of the form. There is no separately form for dental insurance, 5456 application will cover all.

    To help you in your specific situation we need more information from you. It would be best if you called us on 0771 524 524.

    Best regards,

The post is closed to further comments.