Bostadbidrag after 50% work


I  am  marrige  and  have  one  daughter  and   get  bostadbidrag  from  försäkringskassan  every  month  .  But  from  begining   september  I  start  to  work  50%  .

What  will  happened  now  about  bostadbidrag .

Thanks  for  your  helping


  • Hi;

    When you apply for bostadsbidrag you enter the income that you expect to have during the following year. We use that income to calculate how much bostadsbidrag we can pay.

    If your income changes - for example when you start work - it is important that you inform us, so that we can make sure that you get the right bostadsbidrag. To do this, you can fill in form 5098 (Bostadsbidrag - ändrade uppgifter) and enter your new income, including your 50% job, in section 4. When you send that to us we will look at your bostadsbidrag again so that it is right for your income.

    Best regards;
  • Hi,

    I got information from CSN website that students may get "bostadsbidrag" from försäkringskassa if they are studying outside of their home kommun,svid10_62fc105b15ddecaf46fc3a2

    I’m 17 years old and planning to move Stockholm for further studies in International baccalaureate (IB program) because this study program doesn't exsit at any of the institution in my home town (Gotland kommun). I wonder if one can get bostadsbidrag in that case ?
  • Hello!

    Thank you for your question!

    If you are aged between 18 and 29, you may be entitled to housing allowance. You can always send an application for benefits from Försäkringskassan. When we receive your application for housing allowance, we can start working on your case to be able to determine if you are eligible for the benefit or not. If you would like to know more about housing allowance and check if you fulfill the requirements, you can find more information and the application here.

    If you would like to receive more information about lodging allowance (Inackorderingstillägg) or student finance, please contact CSN.

    Best regards,
    Hazan Administrative officer
  • To whom it may concened,

    I work in hotel almost 4 years but still per hour.
    My concerned now, we have not so many days /hour to work due to
    COVID 19.
    Can i ask if i am entitled to ask help in your good office?

    Pacita Lindorff

    Pacita C Lindorff
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post!

    Unemployment Insurance or Income support in Sweden is not part of the social insurance administered by Försäkringskassan.

    Please contact the unemployment insurance fund (A-kassa) where you most recently were a member or Arbetslöshetskassan Alfa  regarding your question.

    If you are on unpaid leave, it is important that you protect your sickness benefit qualifying income (SGI). It can be protected if you do any of the following:
      • register as a job seeker at the Swedish Public Employment Service no later than the first day you became unemployed
      • begin studying at a program that gives you the right to study support from The Swedish Board of Student Finance (CSN)
      • are on sick leave and receive sickness benefit
      • are on parental leave and receive parental benefit
     You can find more information here.

    Best Regards
    Helen Administrative officer
  • Hello

    I have been working in Sweden since 10 years or more. Now as COVID-19 effected everyone. So did to me as well and now getting 20% of income which is nothing with a wife and two kids with rents and all expenses.
    Would e great if I get suggestion regarding housing allowance can be avail or what forsakringskassan can do for me?
    I have many days left with foraldrapanning/pappaledig.

    Looking forward to get a complete detail.
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. You can to apply housing allowance. You can find the link to the application form for housing allowance here. You can also apply for parental leave. Read more on requirements for applying and other details related to parental benefit here.

    If you have any further questions you can contact our customer center by Calling 0771 524 524 (For English press 8).

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 9.00am — 3.00 pm

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.