Benefits with SINK tax

Hello, I work in Sweden but live in Denmark and pay SINK tax. Am I paying or receiving benefits with this status? This is a question the Danish tax agency would like me to answer. Many Thanks!


  • Hello,

    The general rule is that you are covered by the social insurance of the country where you are employed. It is your employer who pays the social contributions (sociala avgifter) so that you can apply for the social benefits.

    If you have questions about the SINK tax, you should contact the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). More information is available on Skatteverket's home page here.

    For further questions regarding your social insurance and benefits you can contact our Customer Centre for private individuals on the telephone number 0771-524 524 (and press 8 to get connected to the English line)

    Opening hours of Customer Centre: Mon-Fri: 8:00-16.00, Sat-Sun closed.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.