Am I insured in sweden?

I've got my swedish personnummer during my studies in 2009. I am back in Germany since 2013.
I never paid taxes or anything like that in Sweden, because I was just a student.

Now I am moving back to Sweden for good.
My question is, if am insured in Sweden once I am back in the country?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.
    You don't get social insured automatically just by moving back to Sweden, and it is not required to register with us if you do not need any benefit. However, if you are in need of benefits from Försäkringskassan, certificates for health insurance abroad, the EU card or dental services you need to be registered at Försäkringskassan.
    If you would like to register in Försäkringskassan you have to fill out the registration form 5456 and send it to us with the relevant attachments. The required attachments are listed at the end of the form.
    The form is available on our website, and you can find it in English by searching for "5456" on the English-language version of the website. You can also fill it in online with BankID, on the Swedish-language website.
    If you would like to know more about Försäkringskassan and about our role, more information is available here.

    Best regards,
    Tighisti Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.