To latest comment

Abortion for a non-eu national not living in Sweden

I come from Chile and I study in Germany. I have Chilean passport, unmarried, without insurance.
I am in a very bad situation and I saw all the chances to have an abortion here in Germany but it is not possible anymore due to timing.
I read I could go to Sweden and have it there. How much would it be?

If you come from a country outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland
Medical care
If you do not work in Sweden or do not come from Switzerland or a country that is part of the EU/EEA, in most cases you must pay the full cost yourself if you need care. The exception is if you come from a country with which Sweden has a special healthcare agreement. This applies to Algeria, Australia, Chile, Israel, Turkey, Quebec (Canada), and the British islands Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. If you come from one of these countries, contact the equivalent of Försäkringskassan in that country to find out what applies for you. You can also call Försäkringskassan's Customer Centre at 0771-524 524


  • Hello,

    The agreement between Chile and Sweden concerning health care is only for people who are retired. Therefore, this will not be an option in your case.

    The Swedish Social Insurance Agency has limited abilities to answer questions relating to individual cases on this forum. If you have more questions relating to your specific case, you can contact our customer center by calling telephone number 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.