To latest comment

Can one parent use the 10 days if the child i born outside of EU?

10days leave for the partner in case of delivery outside EU (Original title)

I am  currently staying in Sweden and both me and my husband having Swedish PR. We are planning my delivery outside of EU with a due in september last week. I am planning to return to Sweden  tentatively in December or January. Can my husband take the 10days of leave from work during the delivery? Does it get affected since I will be outside EU (from July to January) ? If possible, does he has to produce any documents,like birth certificate?


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. First of all, we need to check if you and your husband are covered by the Swedish social insurance. You can read more here or call our customer center to get information about registration.

    If you are covered by the social insurance, yes, he might get the compensation for 10-days of leave. Before your husband leaves, he must fill a form in order to inform Försäkringskassan that he is going to apply for compensation outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland. The form can be found here.

    Your husband needs to receive a birth certificate and send it to Försäkringskassan with his application for 10-days. He can receive the application form via calling our customer center. He should also send a copy of the birth certificate to Skatteverket. (Swedish Tax Agency)

    You can contact us on the telephone number 0771-524 524 and press 8 for assistance in English.

    Best regards,
    Özge Administrative officer
  • Thank you for the reply

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.