To latest comment

10 Days temporary parental benefit


A baby is born outside of EU/EEA/Switzerland but has German citizenship.

1)If a baby stays in Germany before moves to Sweden, can my husband receive compensation for10 days of leaves?

2)Take out the 10 days within 60 days from the delivery. 
> Does it mean that he can take leaves anytime within 60days?
i.e. child's birth is 20Jan.
10 days of leave can be taken anytime before 20Mar?

3)Remember to apply no more than 90 days from the first day you were home with the child.
> This is somehow uncertain to understand.
Does it mean that 10 days of leave should be applied within 90 days after the child's birth?

4)One last question,
Is 10 days of leave can be taken along with parental leaves?
i.e. 10 days of leave 20Jan - 30Jan
parental leave 31Jan-31Jul

Thank you. 


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! If your husband is insured in Sweden he can apply and receive compensation for the 10 days.

    2- He can apply any of the days within the first 60 days of the child's birth as long as the days are working days. This means that he can not apply the days that he was not supposed or scheduled to work for example the week ends.

    3- The 10 days are still to be used within 60 days from the childs birth. But in this context it means that he can only apply for these days not later than (after) 90 days from the childs birth. If the application for the 10 days is sent after 90 days from the childs birth there should be a very special reason in order to be approved. The department assess the reasons and passes the decision weather the reasons are acceptable or not. This is a new rule which was put in to effect starting from januari 2019.

    4- You can take the 10 days along with parental leave as long as you donot apply both benefits for the same days.

    For futher specific quesitons you can contact our customer center by calling 0771 524 524 (for english press 8).

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer
  • Thank you for your kind reply.

    Please see additional inquiries below.

    1)Is10 days of leaves also applicable even if a baby is not in Sweden or EU/EEA/Switzerland if parents are socially insured in Sweden?

    2-1)In case my husband is still outside of the EU, should he fill in the application "FK7430" and send it to Forsakringskassan by post before he leaves Sweden?
    If yes, is there any time limit for him to send the form such as at least 14days before he leaves like that.

    2-2)In case a baby and my husband stay in Germany at the time of application for 10 days of leave, he doesn't need to fill in "FK7430" in advance.
    Is it right?

    3)My husband is currently insured in Sweden on the residence base even if he has been working before he applies.
    At the time of application for Forsakringskassan, he uploaded "employment contract" via "my page" but it was missed at the time of decision.
    When he applies for the 10 days of leaves, will Forsakringskassan deal with this matter together and change to the working base?
    I wonder he should send "employment contract" by post (it is already uploaded into "my page") or contact Forsakringskassan in advance to fix this problem.

    Thank you so much for the help!

  • Dear

    I've contacted customer service center to receive some document.
    While conversation, I got one notification.
    She said that if a child is born outside of Sweden, it matters which country the baby is born.

    Based on the country the baby is born, does it matter to "10 days of leaves" and "Parental benefit"?

    According to your answer, if parents are secured in Sweden, compensation is applicable. That's what I understand.
  • Hello,

    Thank you again for your post!

    1- Generally to be sociallly insured in Sweden can be one of the conditions that makes a perosn to be applicable for a compensation, for example the 10 days. However, you need to bear in your mind that each benefit has its own conditions to be fullfiled for a person to be eligible for the compensation.

    2-1 It is recommended that the application form (FK 7430) is sent in advance (around 30 days before the child's due date) if your husband is staying outside EU countries.

    2-2 But if your husband and the child stay in Germany there is no need to send the application form (FK 7430).

    3. Your husband can send only the application form (FK 7430) for now but if we need his employment contract or any other additional information the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) is going to contact him to submit the required documents.

    Generally a person should be socially insured in order to be eligible for any compensation from Försäkringskassan. But this doesn't give the applicant the eligibility to all of the compensations. This is because each compensation has its own conditions in addition to being socially insured i Sweden.

    Since this is a public forum we only reply to general questions therefore, we recommend you to contact our cutomer center by calling 0771 524 524 (for english press 8) if you have any specific questions.

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.