To latest comment

10 days leave for father at birth of Child while the Child will be born in Non-EU country.


I use this English customer-forum as the Swedish customer-forum is not working now.
I am a Swedish citizen and my wife has a Permanent residence permit and is an Indian citizen. Right now we are staying in Sweden.
I am working in Sweden and both of us are covered by the Swedish social insurance. My wife's delivery is due on last week of March. Due to a family-ceremony, my wife will travel to India next month and plans to have her delivery in India. Can I take 10days parental leave (10 dagars ledighet- tillfällig föräldrapenning) to visit my wife and our new-born baby.
My wife and new-born baby plan to travel back to Sweden during July.

Is it possible to take 10-dagars ledighet to visit my wife and our Child even if my wife and child will be Outside EU Until July?
From one of the below questions in Customer forum, I see that it is possible. So I wanted to check with you..

what documents are needed in this case??
Rav K Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Rav,
    thank you for your post.
    If you are covered by the social insurance, yes, you might get the compensation for 10-days of leave. Before you leave, you must fill out a form in order to inform Försäkringskassan that you are going to apply for compensation outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland. The form can be found here.

    Your need to receive a birth certificate and send it to Försäkringskassan with your application for 10-days. You can receive the application form via calling our customer center. You should also send a copy of the birth certificate to Skatteverket (Swedish Tax Agency).
    You can contact us on the telephone number 0771-524 524 and press #8 for assistance in English.
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer
  • Hi,

    Thanks a lot for your response.
    So I need to Fill-out and send the Application Form before I take the 10-days leave. Is that correct?
    Do I need to send the Birth-certificate immediately and can i send it later after one or two weeks. I ask this because sometimes Birth-certificate will take a few days.

    what other documents I need to send along with this application.

    Thanks in advance for your timely response.
    Rav K
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. You should send the form FK 7430 together with the application for 10 days before traveling and afterward the birth certificate.

    Best regards,

  • Hi,

    A little outside question.

    Am I eligible for parental leave and also 10 day father leave, if i work here (On work permit - local employer) in Sweden and My wife is expected to deliver in Indien (Outside EU).

    If Yes, then how many days is it valid and what could be a process.

    Best Regards,
    Chandra Sekhar Gundluri
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! Since we might need to know more information about your specific situation we can not reply to your specific question as this is a public forum. Therefore, we advice you to contact our customer center by calling to 0771 524 524 (for English press 8).

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer
The post is closed to further comments.